Children love working on activities on the Practical Life shelf. These are activities that develop fine motor skills.
The Practical Life shelf helps the children learn the following daily-life skills:
- Getting dressed
- Pouring liquid from one container to the other
- Transferring objects from one jar to the other using different spoons, ladles, and tongs.
- Cleaning and sweeping
These skill-building activities help:
- Build focus
- Understand the basic concepts of mathematics
- Improve hand-eye coordination
- Improve controlled muscle movement
- Develop strong hand muscles that help a child write beautifully later on
- Promote independence and self-reliance